Sunday, November 18, 2012

Farewell Hong Kong!


Sitting in business class for the first time in my life (thanks to Asia Miles), I’m finally afforded the opportunity to reflect after a two-week torrent of farewells and long distance calls, errands and last-minute preparations.

More than anything, I’ve been humbled by all the love and affection I’ve been shown by everyone around me. The well wishes and advice, presents and lai see packets, and of course the heart-to-heart discussions have all been so positive, reminding me that I will never truly be alone with such amazing people in my corner.

I'll keep this short (it's only a one hour and forty minute flight) but I'd like to express my sincerest love and respect for the whole Cheung and Chan families, as well as to all my brothers and sisters in Hong Kong and all over.  I'll be thinking of you all wherever I go, and hopefully repay the kindness you've shown by sharing my experiences as best I can.  If a man can be judged by his friends, then I can't be doing too bad!

Business class is overrated.


No comments:

Post a Comment